Friday, January 25, 2013

Two forthcoming talks on Newgrange and astronomy

With Imbolc only around the corner, I am delighted to announce that the talks tour for 2013 is about to kick off. I will give my first talk since 'Newgrange: Monument to Immortality' was published next Saturday, February 2nd, in Rostrevor, for the St. Bronagh's School of Celtic Studies. For information on the talk, and for directions to the venue, see the following website: http://celtic-spirituality.net/2013/01/st-bronagh-school-of-celtic-studies-2-february-2013/

On the following Monday, February 4th, I will be giving a talk to the Northern Ireland Amateur Astronomy Society in Ballyclare, Co. Antrim, at 8pm. See information about the venue etc at the NIAAS website here: http://www.eaas.co.uk/cms/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=140%3Afebruary-2013-meeting&catid=3%3Aclub-news-a-events&Itemid=12

The topic will be Newgrange and Ireland's Ancient Astronomers, covering material from both of my books. I will have copies of both Island of the Setting Sun and Newgrange: Monument to Immortality on sale at both of these talks.

No comments:

Post a Comment